Below is a selection of resources to help your state coalition in its patient navigation efforts.
Patient Information Resources
- National Cancer Information Center provides support to those facing cancer 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Trained specialists are available by phone at 1-800-ACS-2345 or live chat at www.cancer.org.
- Reach To Recovery – We’ve shifted our Reach To Recovery one-on-one support program to completely phone-based, linking new breast cancer patients with survivors who have had a similar diagnosis and treatment plan. Support Group Resources: We have online support resources so those touched by cancer can connect, interact, and find answers in this time of crisis.
- Cancer Survivors Network – Patients and caregivers can find a safe, supportive online connection at csn.cancer.org. There are discussion boards and chat rooms where people can build their own support network. Get comprehensive information about cancer risk, prevention, screening, detection, treatment, survivorship, and end-of-life care, and learn how to manage common problems and concerns.
- Cancer Information Videos – Learn more about cancer and cancer prevention, early detection, treatment, programs and services, and listen to survivors’ stories of hope.
- Office of Cancer Survivorship – Learn tips to help manage common cancer-related problems and concerns.
Patient Support Resources
- Search for support programs in your community or call 1-800-ACS-2345 for help finding programs. ACS provides programs such as transportation to treatment, patient lodging, and volunteers who can talk to breast cancer patients about coping with diagnosis and treatment.
- Caregiver Video Series – Find support for those giving care to loved ones with cancer, including strategies for self-care as they navigate the caregiver experience.
- Caregiver Resource Guide – A tool for people taking care of someone with cancer.
Additional ACS Resources
- Personal Health Manager – Track and organize information about a cancer diagnosis and treatment with this helpful tool.
- “tlc” – Tender Loving Care® – Helps women with appearance-related side effects find affordable wigs, hats and scarves, and a full range of mastectomy products.
- American Cancer Society YouTube Channel – View or listen to information about the impact of important ACS work and research.